Both photographs below were taken of the same building, but from different angles and different years. John Speer owned and operated his flour mill in the late 1800s, and the Fort Branch Milling Company bought the mill in the early 1900s. This site was located around 104 West Vine Street in Fort Branch.
Top photo: John Speer Flour Mill, circa 1895
Bottom photo: Fort Branch Milling Company, circa 1910
[Photos from Fort Branch-Johnson Township Public Library’s local history collection.]